Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Travel Dates

I am really surprised how quickly our Travel Approvals came and how easy it was getting out Consulate appointments in China... We are leaving on November 4th and will return with Clara on November 20th! I didn't even think about being home before Thanksgiving because it just seemed a given to me that we would not but I am very thankful and happy that we will be home. Liah is very excited but scared. She was going on an on last night about how happy she is that Clara is coming home. She even made up a little song about it and at the end, she fell to pieces crying. She is just worried. Her life will change and she said that we will not pay attention to her. Anyone who knows Liah knows that she is a child who WILL NOT be ignored. She lets us know exactly how she feels and I don’t see this changing. If she thinks that we are not giving her the attention we should, she will tell us, I have not doubt about that. We continue to reassure her that she will get attention but her role will change some. She will be the big sister and will be a role model for Clara. She won’t be the baby anymore… but I think that she will get through this. I am happy that she is talking about it.

It looks like we will be traveling from Detroit to Hong Kong with several families in our travel group. We are all very excited. I am not sure when we will meet Clara but we are so looking forward about that day. Our understanding is that we will meet her when we get to her province, a few days into the trip. We will update more later…

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow ~ that's just around the corner!!

    Yahoo!! Despite having much to do and reassuring Liah ( who will be a fabulous Big Sis!!), you just must be floating on cloud nine!

    I hope you will be able to blog a bit throughout your journey as I so hope to follow along; of course I know you will be a bit busy and all! :)

    One thing that helped us with Lauren was having her create a book about the many adventures she would be having as a Big Sister. She wrote a line or two on each page about something she would be able to do with Tyler and then illustrated it.

    We just cherish it and it helped give her an outlet during a time of major transition.

    We did this during our 6 mos. of waiting for Tyler to come home and I realize your time is more limited. However it doesn't necessarity have to be something formal ( I know she likes to journal) or even completed before Clara comes home. It simply helps them to channel nervous energy and in visualizing all the BIG new things/responsibilities and joys coming their way!!

    Sorry for the novel here.....just wanted to pass this idea along in case it helps!!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete